Old October 14th 03, 02:23 PM
SiLapuLapu

Default ABIT VP6 "ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM"

Dear Sirs/Madam:

I have a Abit VP6 dual proc. I have a delima of an: "ERROR LOADING OPERATING
SYSTEM". I could not get my main HD to boot up no matter what I did including
a low format or a fill. I pulled it out and got one of my friends to format it
for me on his computer system using WinXPpro. When that was done I brought it
back to my system and my Win2Kpro disk booted up the HD. I wasen't shure if it
would boot rite so I reformated it agian using the boot up disk of Win2Kpro.
My HD is NTSF formated. After the full clean install I rebooted and went into
my CMOS and changed the boot set up to 1st: HD-0/ 2nd: CD-ROM/ 3rd: FLOPPY and
manually filled the CHS of my HD-0. As soon as I restarted it agian it went
through it's process of boot up. Afterwards it said "VERIFYING DMI POOL DATA",
then said "ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM".

This is what my setup looks like when it comes up:
CPU ID/ucode ID: 0686/08
CPU Clock: 1000B Mhz
Extended Memory: 2096128K
Cache Memory: 256K/ 256K

Diskette Drive A: 1.44M, 3.5in.
Diskette Drive B: none
Pri Master: CHS,ATA 100, 76GB
Pri Slave: none
Sec. Master: DVD-RW,ATA 33
Sec. Slave: none
Display Type: EGA/VGA
Serial Ports: 3F8 2F8
Parallel Ports: 378
SDRAM at DIMM: 0 1 2 3

manual mode: 16383 CYL
16 HDS
63 SEC

Boot up formation:
HD-0
CD-ROM
FLOPPY

Hope you can help me, need help badly. You can email me back at:

Thank you,
ROM