Old January 23rd 07, 11:56 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Too_Much_Coffee ®

Default How long till the 7950GS AGP is released?

First of One wrote:
"Too_Much_Coffee ®" wrote in message
. ..
I don't know either.

If I Google '7950GS AGP' I get quite a few hits but they are
mostly forum comments.

There exists an Arctic Cooling-equipped, highly overclockable

512
MB 7900GT AGP in the form of Gainward's 7800GS+, available for

price at Overclockers.co.uk. Stop waiting. :-)

I would be very surprised if this isn't the card nVidia

releases to
challenge the 1950PRO, but I could be wrong.

Remember, any board partner can integrate the HSI bridge and
produce an AGP card like Gainward has done.

That's what I mean really when I say ATI or nVidia. I think we
will see a BFG 7950GS OC AGP soon. Within the next 1-2 months;
maybe sooner.

TMC

The reason they haven't
is probably because their market research shows little profit
potential, even at $100 higher prices than their PCIe

equivalents -
this may be why ATi doesn't market an X1950 Pro AGP itself,

leaving
the risk to the smaller partners like Powercolor, Diamond,
Sapphire, etc.