Old November 30th 05, 07:52 PM posted to microsoft.public.windowsxp.video,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia,comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video

Default Can't use higher resolution with Topcon 10" monitor

But what did you SEE at the shop? The signal may have been 800 X 600, but
the detail was considerably less.
What do you expect to use this monitor for? That information might help me
give a clearer explanation.
The display card used doesn't make a difference as long as the refresh rate
can be set low enough, and interlace can be selected. What you bought is a
very limited monitor completely unsuited for text display at 800 X 600. It
might be suitable for NTSC or PAL resolution, but 800 X 600 ditigal images
will be considerabally degraded.

Phil Weldon

oups.com...