Old September 27th 04, 08:38 PM
Earl F. Parrish

"markymark" wrote in message
om...
Sirs, i have an Armada 7790 dmt that i put windows Xp on and
after witch i
find thats its not a supported system, So I will have to use
windows 2000
pro or 98
How do I install either Operating sys.with Xp Installed already.
And what kind of modem was used in this Computer?I mean the Make
of the
modem.Ther are no modem drivers for Xp so thats one reason i have
revert...thnks ..Mark

--
CHIEFS KICK DOWN THE DOOR IN 2004

You will have to use a Windows 98 Startup disk to remove the non-DOS
partition with FDisk and then create a DOS partition with the same
program. You can then format as FAT32. You will find better
hardware support with Windows 98 than Windows 2000. To make it
easier to go from a bootable floppy disk to a CD-ROM for
installation, you should make a bootable CD-ROM disk from the
bootable floppy disk image since you cannot use the floppy drive and
the CD drive simultaneously. You will have to create that disk on a
CD writable drive.

Since you are starting with a blank hard drive, you would need
qualifying media to do an upgrade to Windows 98. You would have to
have either the Windows 95 CD or the original Windows 98 CD to go to
Windows 98 Second Edition. If you have a full Windows 98 CD, you
will not need to create a bootable CD-ROM because that disk is
bootable as is. Windows 2000 can upgrade from Windows 95 or Windows
98 only.

You can go to the Hewlett-Packard website to search for your system.
You might be better served to use a PC Card modem rather than the
original because it might not be X.90 compliant. Back then modems
were either X2 or KFlex and many could not be upgraded to the x.90
standard.

--
Earl F. Parrish