Old October 10th 03, 10:23 AM
Nada

"Aki Peltola" wrote:
"Nada" wrote
I was playing Soldier of Fortune II two weeks ago and I couldn't help
being impressed over the projectile shadows that were floating in the
air when people were sitting at their desks. It's great that Nvidia
drivers add humor in first person shooters.

And apparently installing newer detonators than 44.03 for
my reference-GF3 Ti200 is impossible (WinXP Pro).
Simply can't get XP up'n'running with newer detonators
than this, just locks-up or gives wonderful BSOD.
Completely cleaned my system from previous drivers
and all. WHQL-certification brought absolutely
no difference.

Good to see you, man. I haven't read your posts in ages at
sfnet.harrastus.pelit. I couldn't get Detonators below the 40 serie
work at all with WinMe environment and Ti4200 graphics card.

Have seen other GF3 Ti200-owners complaining about
this very same problem, so now I'm more conviced than
ever that the new detonators have issues concerning this
specific GF3-card and WHQL-fellows are just taking
coffee breaks all day along instead of really TESTING
the drivers...

I think the engineers get lost in the server room during the coffee
breaks. It's like Freddie Krueger's huge boiler room.