Old October 6th 03, 06:09 AM
Biz

Better performance comes down to data throughput and computational speed,
which has to do with memory bandwidth, GPU speed, and memory speed. You
dont magically get huge performance updates from drivers, you get it from
faster vid cards...
"nick" wrote in message
Please excuse the ignorance, but are new drivers expected in the near
future? Is this something to do with Forceware?
I recently purchased an FX5900, and I am trying to find out if you experts
know if new drivers can give a significant performance boost. I'm into
FS2004 and the anandtech bench marks show ATI to be way out in front. Is

is
possible for nvidia to release drivers that would at least approach the

ATI
performance. If not, I will try to change my card, or do I wait to see

what
happens next.

Many thanks for your attentiom,

Nick.