Old July 23rd 03, 12:53 AM
TC

Thank you for the advice. I've downloaded Riva Tuner and it works great.

Please help me understand the big picture. Do I really need a third-party
application to change the gamma, or is there some way to do it with either
the video card software or the operating system? It seems to me that the
gamma is an extremely important adjustment, and I'm puzzled about why it is
so hard to change.

-TC

Download the free,"Rivatuner",
http://www.guru3d.com/rivatuner/
Have it load on bootup.
run it.
Main/Driver settings/Customize/Customize Desktop and Overlay settings.
Make a gamma corrected brightness say 2.2 and choose the save Icon but
give the scheme a name say
gamma1
Make another one but reset to defaults and save as
Def1
Now go back to the Main Tab/Launcher and make Launcher profiles with
the + sign(add) and give this the same names as the two you have made
but edit each one so it launches the colour scheme and in the Shortcut
key box I use Crtl+1 for my gamma1 and Ctrl+2 for my Def1.
Anytime I want the gamma settings up I use the key combos and in the
Launcher you can even set it to run the specific game if you like with
a custom gamma for that game.
HTH

--
Free Windows/PC help,