Old April 24th 10, 03:39 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Mark F[_2_]

Default Motherboard with SATA3 and USB3

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 12:43:04 -0400, Dewey Edwards
wrote:

Hi,

I,m planning on a new build early next month. I see boards that
support the above.

But, I haven.t seen hardware for it to justify it.

Seagate and Western Digital (as well as others) have external disk
drives using USB3 and running at about 90MB/second.

SATA III is can be used with various SSDs, but also with some spinning
disks, such as Western Digital VelociRaptor HLHX models
http://www.wdc.com/wdproducts/librar...879-701284.pdf

SATA III would also be useful for use with a port multiplier, but I
couldn't find a SATA III port multiplier.

I'd hold out for PCI 3 also, but you made need PCI 2 on some slots
since PCI 3.0 doesn't support 5-volt power per
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Periphe...t_Interconnect

i've looked at newegg but found no parts for which use either SATA3 or
USB3.

Are there any?

Others have given links for boards supporting USB3 and SATA3. I
haven't checked for PCI 3 support.