Old April 23rd 10, 06:33 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware,alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Paul

Default Motherboard with SATA3 and USB3

Dewey Edwards wrote:
Hi,

I,m planning on a new build early next month. I see boards that
support the above.

But, I haven.t seen hardware for it to justify it.

i've looked at newegg but found no parts for which use either SATA3 or
USB3.

Are there any?

A couple 355MB/sec SSD drives using SATA III. Always read the reviews, to
see if they're really worth having. SSDs in general, have a pretty bad
track record, in terms of consistent performance under all circumstances.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...&name=SATA+III

There are USB3 hard drive enclosures, but I wouldn't say
the example here was earth shaking. The USB3 enclosure
chip does have the advantage of passing the 30MB/sec mark
of USB2. But the burst transfer rate doesn't suggest the
plumbing on this one is "fully open". It may take time,
before that will happen. I suspect you might see higher
numbers from existing ESATA enclosures. The only advantage
a USB3 2.5" enclosure would have, is being able to bus
power the hard drive inside.

http://www.ocmodshop.com/ocmodshop.aspx?a=1752

Paul