Old July 20th 05, 07:27 PM
Pat

Default 16 vx 32 bit color on LCD Monitors

Hey everyone, I've got a question.

Since LCD monitors are only capable of 16 bit color, is there any
advantage to running your video card in 32 bit mode?

I know there used to be a considerable difference in 16 vs 32 bit
performance.

So bottom line question is, I'm using a Geforce FX 5900 XT and I'm about
to get a 19 inch LCD monitor. Should I change the card to 16 bit to
improve performance? And will that cause any change in what I see on the
screen?

Pat

http://www.usenet.com