Old April 25th 04, 01:51 PM
Heckler ²°°³

"Mo" wrote in message
. au...
Hi,

I had to replace my GA-7N400-L1, useless after a bios update, with a
GA-700N-L yesterday. I have an AMD 2600 CPU with supplied fan and heat

sink
on the machine.

I was browsing through the posts here for any info on this later m/board

and
read about CPU temps.. I checked the temps on this machine with EasyTune4
and Aida32... in each case the temp was shown as 69C. EasyTune was

flashing
warnings.

I could hold my finger in the heat sink of the CPU.. so after overnight
shutdown I checked the temp after bootup this morning. It was given as

63C.
The ambient was 22C.

Is there any way to determine what the actual temp of my CPU? I certainly
don't believe what is shown on the programs I've run.

Seems a little on the high side, but it is the AMD supplied heatsink and
fan, so it does the minimum it needs to. Every AMD heatsink/fan I've used or
seen gives an average CPU temp of around
54-58º

I'd suggest investing in a good heatsink/fan combo. I can recommend the
Coolermaster Dual Heat pipe with low speed fan, or the Coolermaster Aero7
and Jet 7.... I've had all 3 and the heatpipe gave an average of 48º on a
2800 but it's very quiet with a low speed fan. The Aero 7 and Jet 7 give an
average of 40º on low speed, and 44º on high speed.