Old May 10th 12, 03:29 PM posted to microsoft.public.win2000.general,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Frank

Default Safe Mode Display

Buffalo wrote:
Paul wrote:

I did have ATI drivers before this card (8500LE) and I did uninstall and
also used an ATI driver cleaner and a search for anything ATI, in files and
in the Registry.
I think you're probably correct that something is amiss in my Win2K system.
I don't believe that I will do a clean install of my OS since my backup was
made after the problem started and I have a lot of programs I would have to
reinstall if I did it,
Thanks again for your thoughtful input.

The thing is the amount of time you've already spent trying to fix this
you could have done a clean install and reloaded all your essential
progs, You can always make the job a lot eadier in future if you keep a
copy of all your 'prog install exe' files you download from in a single
folder (eg Downloads). Then it's just a matter of systematically going
through each one to restore your software. Of course if you have a few
hundred plus downloaded progs, it's going to take a while, but you don't
have to do it all at once.