Old May 5th 12, 04:02 AM posted to microsoft.public.win2000.general,alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Buffalo[_2_]

Default Safe Mode Display

Sid Elbow wrote:
On 5/4/2012 6:59 PM, Buffalo wrote:

Yep, I have a backup to an external HDD.
But, I only have one HDD in my PC and it is a dual boot 98se-win2k
system and I would really hate to screw it up.
I am not familar enough with doing a complete deletion and format of
just one partition to justify possibly screwing up my whole system.

Respectfully, Buffalo ... just an observation, if you have that little
confidence in your backup/restore process then you really don't have a
reliable backup system. It would be worth addressing that as soon as
you can, quite apart from your other problems.

I have many OS partitions on many machines, all backed up (though
perhaps not as up-to-date as they should be in some cases). I wouldn't
think twice about wiping a partition for a re-install with a view to a
possible later restore.

You're probably right. I have never restored anything off an external USB
HDD, but I once used my Ghost image to restore my C: partition and it worked
like a charm. Course, it was on a partition on the same HDD.
At least now I have it backed up on an external USB HDD.
I'm glad you reminded my to look up on how to use that backup. Damn, I may
need it sooner than I think.

Thanks again,
Buffalo

PS: I don't think I am the only person in the world that has that problem
with the AGP GeForce 7600GT 256MB vid card and Win2000ProSP4.