Old August 2nd 07, 12:34 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia
Phil Weldon

Default Need help choosing video card

'Henry' wrote:
| Who can tell me what PCIE card to buy for my system and in my budget range
| between $75 - $150 !
_____

A meaningful answer depends on

Why do you wish to change what you have?
What can you not do with your present card.
What operating system do you use / intend to use in the future?
Do you want DX10 capability?
Do you want superior DVD playback?
Do you play games? Which?
Do you edit video?
What monitor do you use?
Do you plan to change your system soon?
Why lay out the money for 3 GBytes of ram and a quad core, then stint on a
video card?
Do you want video out?

In the absence of such information, any suggestions are wild guesses.

You want a wild guess?

Wild guess #1. Save your money 'til you can purchase a GeForce 8800 GTX /
GS or two.

Wild guess #2. GeForce 8600 GT / GTS

Wild guess #3. Go to an etailer website, find the video card section, sort
in price order, pick one.

Phil Weldon