Old January 26th 04, 02:37 AM
callsignviper

"Arthur Buse" wrote in message
On Sun, 25 Jan 2004 03:40:41 GMT, "Mr. E. Mann"
wrote:

I know windows doesn't really allow a program to accessmore than
2GB of ram, but I hear XP pro can access more with certain setup.

I cannot help with most of your questions, but I know that Windows 98
runs into problems when more than 512 MB of memory is fitted.

I have 768 MB fitted. I have set Win 98 to only use 700 MB. It works
well when re-booted, but after a while I get the symptom of not being
able to open a DOS prompt window.

Like you, I believe that Windows XP can handle more memory, but cannot
quote specifics.
--

In Windows 98 try the following addition to your SYSTEM.INI file:

[vcache]
MaxFileCache=512000

I have 1 GB of Ram and don't have any Ram associated problems with Win98SE.

--
callsignviper

The truth is out there. You just have to look in the right places and ask
the right questions.