Old December 5th 03, 09:34 PM
David Shorthouse

I don't know of a single wireless NIC that has WOL capabilities, i.e.
maintains the 5v connection for this to work. If you think about it, this
makes sense because the card has to be able to filter out all other radio
signals for a correct wake-up signal.

Dave

"Maria" wrote in message
I have PCI wake-up option enabled in my bios (latest version) but nothing
happens. I have a wireless network mounted at my home, with a router to
share an Internet connection between this Desktop PC with ASUS A7N8X mobo
and a
notebook.

Everything is OK. The internet is accessible by both computers, and I can
share files between them BUT I MUST POWER ON THEM MANUALY.

Yesterday I tried to wake up my desktop computer by making a Remote

Desktop
Connection in my notebook, but it didn't wake up.

what's wrong ?

thanks