Old December 5th 03, 02:11 PM
Kyle Brant

Often times, a WOL header is present on a MOBO for connection to a PCI
NIC card, and the onboard NIC will not respond to WOL b/c it requires
that the chipset receive power at all times (from the Standby voltage
circuit) and doing so would require the chipset to have 2 different
power connections. I have not checked my a7n8x to see whether this is
the case, but this WAS true with my SIS735 chipset based mobo (ECS
k7s5a). Also, usually a "magic packet" transmission program is
required to wakeup a computer via a network connection, depends on the
NIC.

--
Best regards,
Kyle
"Maria" wrote in message
| I have PCI wake-up option enabled in my bios (latest version) but
nothing
| happens. I have a wireless network mounted at my home, with a router
| share an Internet connection between this Desktop PC with ASUS A7N8X
mobo
| and a
| notebook.
|
| Everything is OK. The internet is accessible by both computers, and
I can
| share files between them BUT I MUST POWER ON THEM MANUALY.
|
| Yesterday I tried to wake up my desktop computer by making a Remote
Desktop