Old May 20th 04, 02:56 AM
Bob Day

"MikeW" wrote in message
This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after what they
just pulled on me.

I went in on Monday to buy an HP Notebook model ZX5160. They were offering
an additional $250 off and with a $100 rebate the price was $1199.

I saw their model ZX5040US for $199 after rebates. That has a dedicated
memory for the video and firewire. But it was out of stock and they didn't
know if any were coming in.

I specifically told the salesman that I'd be back Wednesday after
researching the 2nd computer.

I show up this afternoon and the $250 Circuit City Rebate is gone. I'm told
it ended Sunday night. This almost came to blows as the sales manager first
infers I didn't see it,then tells me the guy we found who helped me wasn't
from the computer section so he can't be expected to know a rebate ends. I
told him that wasn't my problem and that his refusal to honor the price was
a "stupid decision." Then he tells me he isn't stupid and get ****ed off. I
as ked him how he was ****ed off when I was getting screwed? He insisted he
wasn't screwing me and that he was trying to work with me. I asked him how,
by now tralking me into paying $1349 for the same computer I wanted to walk
out the door with on Monday?

It was on sale on Monday; it wasn't on Wednesday. End of story.
You've only yourself to blame. Personally, I think CircuitCity is
a pretty decent place. They often have brands that competing
stores don't.

-- Bob Day