Old January 21st 10, 12:31 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.gigabyte
Bill

Default Ethernet port died, then PCI ethernet card died - GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P

"Johnny Asia" wrote in message
On Wed, 20 Jan 2010 13:43:11 -0500, "Bill"
wrote:

Hmmmm, both ethernet ports suddenly started working again, now they
both appear in device manager.

Did you turn off the cable modem overnight? Did you leave it turned off
for
20 minutes
the first time (you tested it)? Mine worked for 4 years until Comcast
started sending
"instructions" to it (unbeknownst to me).

I suspected that was the problem. I have Time-Warner cable.

I checked my tcpip settings and found 8192 half-open connections
It was set at 100 the last time I checked. I don't know how it got
changed to 8192.

Well, I can't help, but I hope you'll post your explanation after you
figure it out. Good luck! I've been there, done that...

Bill