Old June 30th 06, 10:10 AM posted to alt.comp.periphs.videocards.nvidia

Default 7950 VIVO ?

John Lewis wrote:
On Fri, 30 Jun 2006 00:34:13 +0100, TK
wrote:

Just bought a Point Of View 7950 and it came with a VIVO adapter but it
doesn't seem very clear whether the card actually supports an input so
is the adapter just provided for an additional output ?

Tried installing the WDM drivers anyway but it says it can't start that
item in device manager.

Is input supported ?

TK

I have no idea. I do not have one of these beasts. Do you not have any
specs on the VIVO port ?

Nope, the POV manual is a generic one with a 7950 GX2 sticker put on it.
Can anyone at POV say 'rush job' ? Reading the outer box does only
mention about viewing photos on your TV, nothing about being able to
input video.

IMPORTANT:-

On a related subject, check that your motherboard BIOS is updated
to support the 7950. Otherwise only one board of the board-pair
may be recognized by the system.

See:-

http://www.nvidia.com/content/geforce_gx2_sbios/us.asp

John Lewis

Made sure about that and got an ASUS A8N32 Deluxe. Mind you because I
installed XP 64bit and Nvidia drivers (91.31) before flashing with the
latest BIOS I did have to manually change to multi gpu support afterwards.

TK