Old June 20th 04, 01:46 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

General Schvantzkoph wrote:
On Sat, 19 Jun 2004 22:12:24 +0100, Miss Perspicacia Tick wrote:

I have an FX-53 based system on an SK8V board in a CoolerMaster Wave
Master case. The HSF is a Swiftech MCX64-V with a Delta fan and the
PSU is a 480W Tagan.

The rest of the spec is as follows: -

How many case fans do you have and how are they oriented? If you have
fans on both sides of the case you want to be blowing air in on one
side and sucking it out on the other. Check to see if you have good
airflow through the case. It also could be as simple as not having
enough fans or having fans that are too weak. You have a lot of very
hot components in that box, you'll need to move a lot of air through
it in order to cool everything adequately.

There is only one exhaust fan, and I believe it to be oriented the correct
way (it's part of the case, not something that was screwed on as an extra,
so if it isn't, that's CoolerMaster's fault!) As I keep reiterating, there
isn't anywhere for any more fans to go, oh *WHY* did I let him talk me into
this case?! Maybe I'll just have to pretend it's a 100% Perspex panel - I
was going to mod this when I had more cash (green case fan(s), a purple on
the HS), but I don't feel I can do that now as it would just generate more
heat - especially with the strip lights).

Oh well, guess I don't need to mod it - I'd just like it 20°C cooler! That's
not asking much is it?!

Thanks

Worried