Old June 20th 04, 12:17 PM
Miss Perspicacia Tick

Hellmark wrote:
Miss Perspicacia Tick's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged
through his body we
Chris Turner wrote:
sri - should NOT be run over 70c!!!

It locked up in Publisher at 70° - it has hit 80° twice. I'm almost
too scared to use it. I have the side off now and it's 55°.

Wow, thats really strange. I was just talking to a friend of mine on
how mines running exceptionally cool. I dont have all my fans in yet
(only have the basic 5 {CPU, PSU, OTES, and 2 120mm's for intake and
exhaust}, got 8 more to go), and when I first turn the system on its
about 100 degrees for the first couple hours, and then after its been
sitting on consistantly for a while, gets up to 120 degrees.

Ok, here are my tips. 80mm fan atleast for your CPU, go 120 if you can
(mines only a 80 though, but I am debating on switching). Have a good
cooling setup in the PSU (mine ATM only has 1 80mm, but thats because
I am borrowing it till the one I ordered comes in next week, which
has 2 80mm's). NEVER have just the PSU and CPU fans (have atleast a
good intake and exhaust fan), alot of people nowadays aint really
doin that. Usual way for that is intake fans up front and down low,
and exhaust in back in the rear. Have qfan disabled, I had it on for
about 2 minutes and it had already shot up 5 degrees with in that
time on the CPU, and 10 degrees on everything else.

OK I will buy a 120 (not that I think there's room), but that means losing
it for a week, and I have work to do! GRR!!

Also, get more fans. Never can have too many. But then again, I go for
over kill, and I barely have any fans in my system currently (by my
standards) and I can hear it across the house.

I /CAN'T/ have any more fans - there's nowhere to put them! There's only
space for the one exhaust fan!