Old July 20th 03, 06:16 AM
Strontium

Asus is king! Great PCB's!

-
Margetts stood up, at show-n-tell in and said:

ive stuck with asus ever since their release of the TNT2 32meg card
(V3800 deluxe)
and currently have an Asus V8440 (Geforce4 ti4400)
as long as you keep up with nVidia's driver updates everythings fine
:-D "NaTaS" wrote in message

i spent a crap load of money on a pny ti4600 within weeks of its
release. liking the idea of the lifetime warranty is why i chose
PNY. well guess what i am sick of this manufacturer. Since i got
the card i have had to send it back 3 times for replacement. i have
used it in 2 different systems, and it just doesn't hold up. I do
not overclock. but the first time, i got weird graphics in dos boot
screens and then in the same spots on the windows desktops, it would
show red dots everywhere, the second time i got wierd "extra"
polygons everywhere shooting across the screen in 3d games, now it
is giving me errors and seems like it is slowing down like a heat
issue, the fan is working fine.. but i just can't figure it out..
each time, i pulled the card out, and put my old trusty creative
labs geforce 2 in and it runs great. The damn pny card only lasts
about 3 months and then it starts acting wierd..

my question to the group is. i am ready to upgrade to a new
company, i have had it with pny, does anyone know of a good geforce
manufacturer.. i do not want to turn to the darkside "ati".

who has the best warrantys, tech support, stability. I like stable,
no problems. i don't overclock anything.

thanx in advance
James Johnson

--
Strontium

"It's no surprise, to me. I am my own worst enemy. `Cause every
now, and then, I kick the livin' **** `outta me." - Lit