Old July 20th 03, 01:50 AM
pete

Default best geforce card manufacturer?

Stability=Asus

"NaTaS" wrote in message

i spent a crap load of money on a pny ti4600 within weeks of its release.
liking the idea of the lifetime warranty is why i chose PNY. well guess
what i am sick of this manufacturer. Since i got the card i have had to
send it back 3 times for replacement. i have used it in 2 different
systems, and it just doesn't hold up. I do not overclock. but the first
time, i got weird graphics in dos boot screens and then in the same spots

on
the windows desktops, it would show red dots everywhere, the second time

got wierd "extra" polygons everywhere shooting across the screen in 3d
games, now it is giving me errors and seems like it is slowing down like

heat issue, the fan is working fine.. but i just can't figure it out..

each
time, i pulled the card out, and put my old trusty creative labs geforce 2
in and it runs great. The damn pny card only lasts about 3 months and

then
it starts acting wierd..

my question to the group is. i am ready to upgrade to a new company, i

have
had it with pny, does anyone know of a good geforce manufacturer.. i do

not
want to turn to the darkside "ati".

who has the best warrantys, tech support, stability. I like stable, no
problems. i don't overclock anything.

thanx in advance
James Johnson