Old November 22nd 05, 05:42 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.dell,alt.comp.hardware,creative.products.sound_blaster.audigy

Default Dell's Sorry History of Microphone/Soundcard Issue (Update)

"Tom Scales" wrote:

Bored with you.

Too bored even to make a suggestion or bet to this poster?

(8/28/05)
http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportf...ssage.id=59966

There is no sound picked up from microphone (only when blowing
hard straight into the mic there is a slight reaction...)

(9/2/05)
http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportf...cending&page=2

I've also spent well above $3000 on a high end system (about 2
weeks old), which is virtually useless to me without a microphone.

I've spent over 30 hrs on this issue myself and with Dell support
who has done "the basic" walkthroughs over and over again. Several
times I've been promised that they'd "do more research on the
problem", and call me back which of course they never did...

So time to start all over again with a new phone call and a new
technician...

Well, to make a very long story short...my current status is they
say they'd dispatched a new soundcard

(9/8/05)
http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportf...cending&page=2

My Audigy 2ZS soundcard was replaced yesterday. Now the system
fuctions a little bit better than previously but still need max
volume and 20dB boost, to make it pick up normal speech.
The mic can still not be used properly in all its range...

(10/13/05)
http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportf...cending&page=3

Well, I just installed my second Audigy 2ZS replacement card (a
refurbished one, according to the package), and not surprisingly
the issue remains exactly the same...

I told the support that another replacment likely wouldn't help,
but what do they care.... He claimed he is not authorized to send
another type of soundcard (and did not want to put me in contact
with someone who was).

(11/3/05)
http://delltalk.us.dell.com/supportf...ssage.id=61369

I'm still having the same issue. The Dell tech support (based in
India I guess) does not reply anymore on email (even though I
politely remind them).

I got a reply to call the usual support phone number
and want me to start all over again