Old September 2nd 05, 01:54 AM
Bob Knowlden

I've never used it to convert a FLAC file, but this freeware might be worth
a try:

http://fileforum.betanews.com/detail...r/1041539980/1

(It's a 13 MB download.) If the link expires, the software is GX Transcoder.

Addres scrambled. Replace nkbob with bobkn.

"Lee" wrote in message
oups.com...
Sorry if this question has already been asked here many times
previously, but I'm quite frustrated and don't know what else to do
other than asking for help here. I just received some FLAC music files
on a CD-R through a trade with someone, but so far unfortunately
they're completely useless to me until I can convert them to WAV files
that I can then burn to a new CD-R. Could anyone who can please help?
It'll be greatly appreciated - thanks.

The trader told me to go to http://flac.sourceforge.net/, and so I did,
and then went to its download page. I downloaded "FLAC 1.1.2 for
Windows with installer" (because my PC runs on Windows XP), but when I
tried running/opening the FLAC112A.EXE file that resulted, I get the
following "NSIS Error" message -

"The installer you are trying to use is corrupted or incomplete. This
could be the result of a damaged disk, a failed download or a virus."

So then I tried downloading "FLAC 1.1.2 for Windows (tools only)"
(because I don't know what the hell else to do!), and also tried
downloading older versions such as 1.1.1, but maddeningly, none of them
work! I get these ZIP files that I have to extract (or extract from -
or whatever the hell you call it), then find that I have a few
different application/executable files (and a bunch of other files),
but when I try clicking on each of them, all I get is a quick flash of
a black window that disappears as soon as it appears. So what the hell
do I try now? I have already spent much more time on this than I
really should have to (including having to write this lengthy message),
and again, I'm now quite frustrated. So again, could anyone who can
please try to help me? It'll be greatly appreciated - thanks.