Old July 3rd 07, 11:28 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq
hunterke

Default Compaq Deskpro (probably Mainboard failure)

hunterke wrote:
Hi there!

I just got a pretty old Compaq Deskpro config, really nothing

special, approxx 1,3 GHz, 128 RAM, everything else integrated, and
with a small HDD.

the box wasn'tg opened, so the computer was untouched for like five

years.

i tried to turn it on, but nothing happened...
the led on the mainbord is on, so the power supply is OK (I tried

another one too...)

the cables leading to the turn on button seem to be OK too, cuz i

tried to connect the jumpers manually, and still nothing happened.

i don't know what the problem is, the PC is too old for a

complaint; and I really dont know what know.

i mean can i fix it somehow? probably not, but i'm courious, maybe

i didn't try everything...

It was untouched until now. No
dust, nothing. It was in the box the whole time. I'm 100% sure.

I've tried to change the power supply/memory, mouse+kbd (that
shouldn't be a problem though), but nothing...

Thanks for the tips, I'm thinking the same thing; it has no reason to
"invest" in it's repair, because it's too old for now...

I just thought it might have some jumper protection for lame users, or
whatever; that should prevent unwanted people from first usage.
But it seems nothing like this exists...