Old May 16th 09, 11:56 PM posted to alt.comp.hardware.overclocking
ShadowTek[_4_]

Default Trying to get rid of hum/buzz from old case

Jim wrote:

OK first things first I'm not O/C clockingthe machine but wanted to post in
here as i know you folks know your stuff and I'm hoping some of you can help
me out.

alt.comp.hardware would be more appropriate, and there's more traffic
there too.

The only noise problems that I have had from my machines is from old
sleeve bearings on fans, which can be solved with a drop of oil under
the sticker, and vibration between parts of the case that loosely lay
against each other, which is usually resolved with a little jiggling
here and there.

One way that I've dealt with computer noise is to build an enclosure out
of acoustic ceiling tile with carpet glued to it. I superglued RV sewage
hose mounts to the back of my case and hooked up hoses to them to
provide an air-flow path out of the enclosure.

It works pretty well, but you have to make sure that those hoses are on
good and that your getting good air-flow.