Old March 1st 08, 01:26 AM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.packardbell
mc

Default Need Help Re-Installing MS Works

Ok I'll give it a try, I actually had changed the WIN95.DAT to Win98.DAT
maybe that was the problem.
mc
"Rich/rerat" wrote in message
. ..
mc,
I believe during the normal installation process, the Pbell MRCD
designates
the CD-ROM that is used, as the "Q" drive.

1. You can try renaming/designating your CD-ROM. Personally I haven't done
this in a while, because I do not run any PC's with Win98, at this time.
And
then try the command line again, as written.

BU\D\WIN95.DAT\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\GTS\GTINST.EXE Q:\APPS\_ _.GTS INSTALL

2. Or since your CD-ROM is labeled the "D" drive you might try changing
the
"Q" (w/o quotes) in the command line to "E" (w/o quotes). So the command
line in DOS will look like this:
BU\D\WIN95.DAT\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\GTS\GTINST.EXESPAC EE:\APPS\_ _.GTS
INSTALL

I believe the "BU\D\..." is for the "RamDrive feature used in
installation.
The installation uses the RamDrive feature, pushing your CD-ROM out one
Drive letter, to be considered the "E" Drive.

--
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule

"mc" wrote in message
Rich I tried both methods on a disk with only 98se and I get a "bad
command"
when using MSDos.
are there any typos to look out for in this...(D: is my cd drive)
Type BU\D\WIN95.DAT\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\GTS\GTINST.EXE Q:\APPS\_ _.GTS INSTALL

I also tried the second method for #133 which is the software tracker but
after reboot it could not find a stk.exe file when I clicked on the
created
shortcut.
mc

"Rich/rerat" wrote in message
. ..
Zo,
Your quite welcome.

--
Rich/rerat
(RRR News) message rule
Previous Text Snipped to Save Bandwidth When Appropriate

"Zo" wrote in message
Thanks for the info Rich. It has been so long that I completely forgot
that Packard Bell had items located in the Start Menu. A search on
these had an item call "Software Tracker". Using this, I was able to
reinstall MS Works and everything is back to normal. Thanks for the
reply.

--
Zo
"Shakespeare's Pizza - Free Chopsticks"