Old January 31st 08, 10:53 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
msg

Default PS Pinout, HP/Compaq Proliant DL320S?

Jez T wrote:

wrote in message

Does anyone happen to have the pinout (really, more of an edge-
connector-out) for the power supply for the Proliant DL320S rack mount
system.

The power supplies are 575W, hot swappable units which output 47A @
12V and 5A @ 5V. The connector is an edge-connector type on the inside-
end of the unit, which clearly slides into some kind of connector--a
part number for that mating connector would be great too, but why ask
for miracles?

The markings on the power supply a

PS-2601-1C-LF
Regulatory Model# HSTNS-PL09
Part # 398713-001
Spares # 405914-001

Thank you for any helpful or humorous suggestions,

Neither I'm afraid.

What a wierd question. A DL320 hot-plug power supply is just that. No good
for anything else, and you wouldn't want to do anything else with it. And if
you did, you'd have a good enough idea of what you wanted to do and how to
go about doing it to not have to ask this sort of question in this sort of
newsgroup.

I posted some detailed power supply wiring and signal description data for
the PL3000s awhile back; useful for experimenters and repair efforts.

To get that sort of information, I would expect that you'd have to delve
deep into HP engineering archives, and the people who can do that are way
removed from anything sufficiently sanitised to put into a publicly
releasable format. (ie. it's level 3 information - we only ever get to talk
to level 1, or level 2 if we're really screwed)

Briefly I had contact some years ago with a "level 3" engineer who forwarded
to me internal specs on thin clients; wish that it were still so

Michael