Old January 31st 08, 11:22 PM posted to alt.sys.pc-clone.compaq.servers
Jez T

Default PS Pinout, HP/Compaq Proliant DL320S?

wrote in message
Does anyone happen to have the pinout (really, more of an edge-
connector-out) for the power supply for the Proliant DL320S rack mount
system.

The power supplies are 575W, hot swappable units which output 47A @
12V and 5A @ 5V. The connector is an edge-connector type on the inside-
end of the unit, which clearly slides into some kind of connector--a
part number for that mating connector would be great too, but why ask
for miracles?

The markings on the power supply a

PS-2601-1C-LF
Regulatory Model# HSTNS-PL09
Part # 398713-001
Spares # 405914-001

Thank you for any helpful or humorous suggestions,

Neither I'm afraid.

What a wierd question. A DL320 hot-plug power supply is just that. No good
for anything else, and you wouldn't want to do anything else with it. And if
you did, you'd have a good enough idea of what you wanted to do and how to
go about doing it to not have to ask this sort of question in this sort of
newsgroup.

To get that sort of information, I would expect that you'd have to delve
deep into HP engineering archives, and the people who can do that are way
removed from anything sufficiently sanitised to put into a publicly
releasable format. (ie. it's level 3 information - we only ever get to talk
to level 1, or level 2 if we're really screwed)