Old January 17th 08, 09:41 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul

Default Speedstep not active

Daniel wrote:

Paul

the Speedstep option shown in the Manual does not come up
in my BIOS, the last one is Hyperthreading?

I'll have a go on the ASUS forum

thanks

Daniel

I download the 0605 BIOS. I used "mmtool", which is a simple BIOS
utility from AMI. It allows decompressing the component parts of the BIOS.
In the 11th module inside the BIOS, I can see this text:

Intel(R) SpeedStep(tm) tech.

Maximum: CPU speed is set to maximum.
Minimum: CPU speed is set to minimum.
Automatic: CPU speed controlled by Operating system.
Disabled: Default CPU speed.

My suspicion right now, is the setting *may* be related to
some other setting. One poster in the VIP forum, noticed a
change when putting the CPU speed in a manual mode. I see
an "AI Overclock" setting for example. While the SpeedStep
feature is in a different BIOS screen, there is always a (slim)
chance that the problem is related to some other BIOS setting.

Paul