Old January 17th 08, 07:27 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Daniel[_4_]

Default Speedstep not active

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Daniel wrote:
Hi

I am running Vista Ultimate and have just installed a Pentium D Extreme
Edition 840 3.2 GHZ CPU onto an Asus P5SD2-X motherboard.

The BIOS does not show the Speedstep option and when I run the Intel CPU
identification utility it shows that Speedstep is not running.

Any ideas on how I can fix this?

thanks

Daniel

The manual shows it at the bottom of the CPU Configuration screen
(manual section 2.4.2). You have to scroll down to see it.

Both the 840 and the motherboard, give the appearance of supporting
EIST, so it should work. (According to CPUSupport web page.)

On support.asus.com, I looked at the BIOS updates, and don't see
any relevant improvements listed there.

Another place to look, is here.

http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx...Language=en-us

Paul

Paul

the Speedstep option shown in the Manual does not come up
in my BIOS, the last one is Hyperthreading?

I'll have a go on the ASUS forum

thanks

Daniel