Old October 7th 05, 09:13 PM
NuTCrAcKeR

same driver set for 2000 pro or server, chief.

the system should boot with the CPQARRAY.SYS that comes with 2000 no matter
what. We arent talking about a 5i or a 6i that has a funky driver dependency
here.

- LC

"Jez T" wrote in message
OK - that's because you're installing 2000 professional, and I'd expect
that it does not have the correct drivers in it for a Compaq RAID card
(aka SmartArray). If you install 2000 server, it should detect the
SmartArray card automatically.

At install, you need to press F6 and specify an additional driver.

The correct driver depends on the type of server - all 380s are not alike.
if it's beige and 3U high, it's a G1.
if it's dark grey and 2U high, it should say "G2", "G3", or "G4" on it.
It's very important to know the correct type of server. If in doubt, drop
the serial number in here - that will idetify it.

You can't install 2000 Professional from SmartStart as an assisted
install, but you can do a manual install (Boot to Smart Start, do a system
erase, configure the server from Smartstart)

wrote in message
oups.com...
Jeffrey Alsip wrote:
Are you referring to 2000Server, or to 2000Professional? If so, they
both have the drivers they need...just let the installation continue
without interruption.

I am trying to install 2000professional.
When it comes to Installing it say no harddrive in the machine, while
in fact it has 3 ULTRA3 SCSI 18.2GB disks.