Old October 7th 05, 06:05 PM

NuTCrAcKeR wrote:
are you using the onboard arrary controller ? If not, which one are you
using.

Did you check your cables, and did you setup an array using the SmartStart
CD.

We are assuming that this is a DL380 G1.

- LC

I am not at all a technical person.
I have installed 2000 Professonal as well as 2000 Advanced Server on
DL140.
DL140 has IDE Hard Disk, while DL380 left with me has SCSI disks.

Machine is at least 4 years old.

Dont know how to check if it is DL380 G1 or not.

From the link Jez T gave I have been able to go upto

http://h18004.www1.hp.com/support/fi...sdownloads.asp

If I have Smart start 5.50 on a CD will it be smooth afterwards.

I am asking some people who suggested to me that I get cp005292 on a
floppy etc to read this thread. I hope they do. They have more
competence than me in these matters.

It will be waste to throw away the machine which otherwise looks to me
quite sturdy.

wrote in message
oups.com...
Jeffrey Alsip wrote:
Are you referring to 2000Server, or to 2000Professional? If so, they
both have the drivers they need...just let the installation continue
without interruption.

I am trying to install 2000professional.
When it comes to Installing it say no harddrive in the machine, while
in fact it has 3 ULTRA3 SCSI 18.2GB disks.