Old November 3rd 03, 09:58 PM
Michael P Gabriel

(Steffen) wrote in message m...
I have 2 identical HDD's of Wester digital to function individually
it, but together not. My Bios recognizes in each case one of both
Hdd's.My system:

CPU: AMD +2200
Mainboard: K7s5a (Elitegroup)
HDD 1: 80,0 GB Western Digital 7.200 rpm Ultra-DMA100
HDD 2: 80,0 GB Western Digital 7.200 rpm Ultra-DMA100
RAM: 512MB Infinion

Thanks

You can't have two independent hard drives in your system unless

you use the two ide controllers. The second ide controller is not for
hard drives, but for the ATAPI CD ROM controller. If you use both
You'd have to give up your CD Rom. Either way, though it would be
ill-advised anyway, you would set BOTH Master.

If you put BOTH drives on the first IDE contoller, the correct way,
which is the the Hard Drive controller, ONE must be a SLAVE and the
other a MASTER. You make the one with the operating system the MASTER.
Set that jumper on the MASTER drive to MASTER, and similarly, set the
Slave drive to SLAVE. Put the CENTER fitting of the cable on the
MASTER and the end fitting on the SLAVE. MAKE sure that the MASTER is
the one with the OP/SYS the C:\ drive, so it can be the one that will
boot. Then make sure the power plugs are on securely, and
VOILA...You see 2 drives listed in DEVICE MANAGER?? If not you may
have faulty power plugs, or the hard drive was not fomatted and
partitioned. Hope you do well.
Mike =
. QUESTION? If responding, change: .com to
..net