Old June 30th 03, 04:08 AM
Andrew K.

Default GA-7N400 Pro SLOW P.O.S.T. problem with restart

I recently tried two GA-7N400 Pro boards (I'm using the 2nd one now).
When first installed the board would POST fine (recognized the processor
and move very rapidly through memory detection). But...after a day, the
system would take about 2-3 minutes between recognizing the processor
and getting to the memory testing/detection during POST. Once started,
the system is quite stable.

I'm currently using BIOS F9 (but it didn't change the problem which was
present with version F8).

Has anyone else come across a similar problem or a solution?

My system includes the following:
- GIGABYTE GA-7N400 Pro
- AMD Athlon 2800+ "Barton" 333MHz FSB
- 512mbx2 Crucial PC2700 modules (in single channel configuration since
this memory isn't stable in dual-channel configuration)
- PowerColor ATI Radeon 9700 (non-Pro)
- 120mbx2 Maxtor 7200rpm IDE hard drives in a RAID mirror array
- Plextor CD-RW

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Please adjust my email address
by removing NOSPAM.HERE to reply.

Andrew