Old February 24th 18, 08:02 AM posted to alt.comp.hardware
Paul[_28_]

Default Upgrading graphic card for Dell Optiplex 7010 mini tower runningWindows 7 64 bit

Paul wrote:

"AMD Eyefinity"
"NVidia Surround"

Now, something I forgot to check, is whether the 1050
actually lists Surround as a feature (oops). It's not on the
PHY web page. Hmmm.

I suspect this page isn't up-to-date.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/tec...supported-gpus

The "surround configuration tool" does not respond to a selection
of 1050 and single GPU.

https://www.geforce.com/hardware/tec...m-requirements

The tool does respond if you select a 1060. This is the info for a single 1060.

Orientation: Landscape

Accessory Display: Yes, no additional GPU (if using 3 or less displays)

Maximum Resolution: 11520x2160

Maximum Resolution (Bezel Correction): 10240x1600

Maximum number of displays: 2-4 in Surround,
1 Accessory Display when
using 3 or less displays in Surround

The card comes in 3GB and 6GB versions. This is possibly
the one my computer store has "10+" of. The expensive one.

https://www.pny.com/geforce-gtx-1060-3gb

I can't really tell you whether three independent displays would work
on the 1050. It sounds like a violation of the logical display channels
thing. But good documentation on what's behind the crossbar today,
is pretty hard to find. The last AMD picture I have is from the
HD1000 era. I don't know if NVidia even makes an architecture
picture like that for us.

You could run two 1050 cards in non-SLI, but I can't guarantee
the three monitors will update on the same frame boundary.

As for "where did the AMD Vega cards go", Apple came out with
an AIO machine recently, and I think that had a Vega in it.
And they may have got the entire allocation of GPUs or something.
While it's possible coin miners got them, they're "vastly absent"
from the market. I don't think you can get a Frontier one either
(16GB).

Paul