Old December 10th 04, 05:09 AM
NuTCrAcKeR

There are 3 components you will need. The 800 I/O board, the interconnector
board (where your power connects up, and which bridges the CPU/Mem board and
I/O board), and your 800 Processor board. I have never tried this, but have
personally speculated that since the 2500/1600/800 series are for the most
part (there are some execptions) designed identically, that it should be
doable. Just make sure that your power connectors from the 2500 are
compatable with those of the 800 interconnect board.

- LC

"Jeffrey Alsip" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have been considering the possibility of dropping the motherboard
from a Proliant 800 into an empty Proliant 2500 tower case. It looks
like everything will fit just fine. Does anybody see any potential
problems with this?