Old September 23rd 03, 08:47 PM
changed

"Blade" wrote in message
I have an old hard drive im trying to put an OS on, but it has bad sectors
and is very erratic in holding onto data without corrupting it. is it at

all
possible to quaratine those sectors so i can use the hdd?

Any help would be appriciated..

Just an FYI, I had an IDE hard drive suffer from the click of death a few
months back. It pretty much stopped functioning and the data stuck on it
was very important to our organization (it was the office manager's
machine). Even Ghost failed to clone the drive.

I had read somewhere that freezing a drive might give it a few extra minutes
of life, and since the drive was lost I tried it (left it in the freezer
overnight). Indeed, it gave the drive 40 minutes of life, enough for me to
boot up the OS and grab the files we needed.

Just a bit of fun trivial info that you might need in the future should the
drive's condition continue to worsen...

--
Mike