Old December 22nd 04, 04:25 AM
Kurt

"kony" wrote in message
On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:15:35 +1000, "Kurt"
wrote:

even though there is the 6800, after looking through some online reviews
and
pc mags, ive come to the conclusion that the 6600GT is almost as good as
the
6800 straight. I mean almost, as in the fact that it may be 2-4 fps out,
whoopy... DEFINATELY not worth another 160 dollars.... therefore, the next
real contender is the 6800GT, as it offers a good performance increase...
however, its out of my price range, so the 6600GT should suit me fine...

I seem to have momentarily forgotten that we're talking
about Australian dollars, for some reason I'd presumed the
regular 6800 you'd mentioned wasn't the base 6800 model,
rather some kind of Golden Sample 6800 GT or Ultra. Now I
realize my mistake, perhaps the confusion was why you'd
posted a query about the two cards if one was out of the
budget already?

yeah, sorry about that, should have been clearer. I would have purchased the
6800 if it offered a large performance increase, and I wanted to see what
other's thoughts were on the situation. Its clear that the 6600GT offers
around the same sort of performance, while being substantiually cheaper,
nice in my books! I also posted this question to a few online forums, and
they all seem to agree that the 6600GT is a great card at the price, esp.
since it can keep up with the big boys.

Thats why I also suggested that the 6800GT is probably the only real next
consideration, but after seeing its price, I think i'll stick to the 6600GT

Yeah, we are in Aussie dollars here, so u pretty much times everything by 2
(if you are converting from American dollars)

Cheers