Old December 21st 04, 04:18 PM
kony

On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 00:15:35 +1000, "Kurt"
wrote:

even though there is the 6800, after looking through some online reviews and
pc mags, ive come to the conclusion that the 6600GT is almost as good as the
6800 straight. I mean almost, as in the fact that it may be 2-4 fps out,
whoopy... DEFINATELY not worth another 160 dollars.... therefore, the next
real contender is the 6800GT, as it offers a good performance increase...
however, its out of my price range, so the 6600GT should suit me fine...

I seem to have momentarily forgotten that we're talking
about Australian dollars, for some reason I'd presumed the
regular 6800 you'd mentioned wasn't the base 6800 model,
rather some kind of Golden Sample 6800 GT or Ultra. Now I
realize my mistake, perhaps the confusion was why you'd
posted a query about the two cards if one was out of the
budget already?