Old December 21st 04, 01:14 PM

On Tue, 21 Dec 2004 18:36:38 +1000, "Kurt"
wrote:

cheers guys, I think i will get the 6600GT, as the 6800GT, the only other
real choice, is way too expensive...

Ill also spend some money on another stick of 512 DDR 333 RAM too, cant hurt

Oh yeah I cant remember how long the 6600 GT card is but the 6800 I
bought is LONG. I read about it in one review but I didnt realize how
long it was until I installed it and tried to put my hard disk cage
back which is right in the other side. In fact its too long. I cant
fit my 3.5 cage back with the two HDs in the postions they are in. Id
have to drill new holes and space them far apart near the top and
bottom of the cage. I ended up just putting them where I usually put
my floppy 3.5 cage.

Obviously this may or may not be a problem depending on your case
structure. Ive got a full tower Antec so I think smaller cases have
less flexibilty since they dont have TWO 3.5 cage positions. However
Ive seen some smaller cases now where they have brackets running all
the way down to the floor of the case from the 5.25 cage so you might
have the flexibility you need to position the HDs even in smaller
cases.