Old December 21st 04, 04:31 AM

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 12:28:25 +1000, "Kurt"
wrote:

hey all,

I need some advice. Should I go for a Albatron 6600GT for $340, or an
Albatron 6800 for $500?? Not sure, as ive heard great things about the
6600GT keeping up with the big boys, while being relatively cheap... but is
it worth an extra 160 or so to go with the 6800?

Cheers

If I was going to upgrade a few things Id get PCI express and get the
6600. On the otherhand the PCI express baords have been selling for a
lot more here so there are probably way better deals coming up in the
not too distant future so thats a consideration too if you can wait.

If I was getting AGP boards then considering the huge gap in price Id
get the 6600 GT. Here there is also a huge gap but there have been a
few deals that narrow the gap. Like at newegg the 6600GT is around
170-180 while there were two sales after rebate at Compusa for the
6800 for $200.

If its close Id rather get the 6800 but if theres a huge price
difference or if I could get the PCI express of the 6600 GT for
cheaper or the same price I think id get if you can upgrade the MB
too.