Old February 28th 05, 09:41 PM
Lester Piglet

I bought a 6600GT as a stopgap upgrade. I sold it after 3 days and kept my
9800PRO. I didnt see any improvement at all. I think the difference will
only show above 1280x1024 res and as my tft doesnt do that I can't verify.

"Dan" wrote in message
The Geforece 6600 PCI-E doesn't need any additional power as it can draw
enough power from the PCI-E socket. The AGP version does require one
additional power connector.

The Geforce 6600 is not comparable to the x600 series from ATI. It's
comparable to the X700 series.

I'm totally confused on which card to get. The Geforce 6600GT or the
X700pro
AGP. But I might hold out a little longer, wait til christmas and buy a
whole new rig with PCI-E.

Dan
"Rob" wrote in message
Perhaps the 6600GT might outperform the 6800LE in some benchmarks,
but not the 6800NU (base model) according to these benchmarks:

http://www20.graphics.tomshardware.c...119/index.html

"Conor" wrote in message
. ..
In article , John Smith
says...
Does the 6600gt have to be plugged into the power supply like the

9800pro
does. If not does this make it lack in power and performance
comparativley?
TIA.

Since the 6600gt is newer do you think it would run hl2 better than
the
9800pro? Right now i have a geo 2 mx 400 :-( and need to upgrade.

It does need a connector. In benchmarks, the 6600GT outperforms the
9800 Pro and sometimes even the 6800's.

--
Conor

Greedo shot first. Greedo ALWAYS shot first. You did not see Solo shoot
first.
It never happened. Never, ever. Not in any version. Remember: Greedo
shot first.