Old October 23rd 04, 07:57 PM
Russell W. Barnes

Default Presario 5000 Processor Upgrade?

What's the fastest processor I can fit into my Presario 5000 PC (Model No:
5WV254, currently fitted with an AMD Duron 700 MHz processor, and 448 Mb of
RAM)?

Would a more up-to-date processor enhance performance to any appreciable
degree? I don't do games, just office stuff, photo-editing, audio CD
creation, that sort of thing, though I might be burning DVD's when I get a
DVD writer... If fitting an upgrade CPU would be beneficial, would the BIOS
sort things out automatically (there isn't a lot of scope to do things
manually on my BIOS), are there links need swapping, or is it just a case of
plug-it-in-and-switch-it-on?

--
Regds,

Russell W. B.
http://www.huttonrow.co.uk

Please replace appropriate text with punctuation when replying by Email!