Old January 20th 04, 07:52 PM
Chris Martin

Default Mouse Woes

Long explanation, TIA.

I have the Microsoft Wireless Optical Desktop (Wireless Optical Mouse and
Microsoft Wireless Multimedia Keyboard). The issue that I am having is:
Doing stuff fine on the computer, la di da, I don't use the mouse for a
little while, then go to move it.. and it does not respond. Interesting.
So I click. It then works fine.. until i don't move it again. So I flip
the sucker upside down and try and get a little more technical about it. I
set a timer and wait. After 60 seconds of inactivity, the laser dims, then
starts flickering. At this point the cursur will not move until I click.
Ok, some sort of battery saving standby, I assume, but it should be taken
out of standby from movement as well as from a click. (I've installed the
latest intellipoint and intellitype software from windows). Microsofts
knowledgebase has an article that kind of describes this issue... but it's
solution is wiping my mouse from registry and reinstalling. Honestly I hate
messing with my registry when I don't have to, especially when I don't know
if that is the actual issue. Any other ideas? Thanks again for reading.

~Chris Martin