Old December 2nd 03, 08:14 PM
Ralph Mowery

I have a real strange situation here. I bought a new case for and old mobo

soyo SY-K7VIA. When assembled the power does not come on. I get
nothing.When I lay the mother board out on a static mat and hook up the
power supply with the vid card and the floopy and the HD it boots up no
problem!Very strange.Anybody ever heard of this situation.
Terry

Not too much strange here. Somewhere you are shorting the motherboard to
the new case. Most ot the time if there is a short , especially on the
power wires/traces, the computer will not come on. Check very carefully
that nothing on the mother board is touching the case that should not be.