Old May 10th 04, 02:34 PM
river_kwai

A big thanks to everyone that have helped me over the past week.

The problem is finally solved. I have tried so many complicated things
but what solved it is trivial, defragmenting C drive!

It never occured to me that defragmenting would have solved the
problem. I did scandisk and everything before and nothing helped. But
Trent suggested defragmenting and I tried and after that, the boot up
process was back to the normal speed of booting up within 30s. I am
glad that it is finally solved now.

A lesson learnt is never to underestimate the importance of PC
maintenance - basic task of defrgamenting your hard disk.

Once again, I would like top say a big thanks to Apollo, Kony, Charles,
Trent and everyone that have gave advice to me.
--------
river_kwai
river_kwai's Profile: http://www.myispforum.com/member.php?u=564
View this thread: http://www.myispforum.com/showthread.php?t=3542