Old April 5th 04, 12:59 PM
Kevin Lawton

Default GA-7VRXP & Winodws 2000 no-go !

Please, can somebody help me with this ?
Gigabyte GA-7VRXP + AMD XP2400 + 2 x 256 Mb DDR2700.
The above runs various versions of DOS, from either floppy or hard drive (60
Gb Seagate), fine - no problem at all.
If I try to install Windows 2000 it all seems to be going well until I get
to the point where it should be 'Starting to run Windows for the first
time' - and it just hangs - forever :-)
I have tried building a fresh install on a Duron 1200 and then swapping the
hard drive over - same problem: hangs after the 'starting Windows' progress
stripe has completed.
I've tried swapping both memory and motherboard (both GA-7VRXP Rev1.1) and
still the same problem.
This is driving me crazy !
Does anyone have any ideas on what I should try next ?
Any help would be very gratefully appreciated.
TIA,
Kevin.